Hey Y'all!

It took me awhile to get here, but alas I'm finally joining the blogosphere of bloviation. It took a rant floating around in my head to send me toward this journey, but so be it. We'll have some fun here too. I promise. Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to leave me a comment or two. ~ diane


Sunday, March 17, 2013

Teacup Novella #3 is Brewed & Ready!


At long last, novella #3 in my Teacup series just released! It's called Home to Walnut Ridge.
The idea for this story first came to me years ago when I envisioned a middle-age pastor roaring through a little town like ours on a Harley. Preachers, pastors, and other ministers come in all shapes and sizes, of course, but I wondered how that would go over with church members - especially in a small town? That alone isn't much of a plot, so I decided to give some challenges to Buddy, my former-pastor biker. A wife who left him while he was on a mission trip overseas. A spiteful deacon who rallied his fellow church members to give Buddy the boot. And just for fun, I threw in a few oddball biker pals who join forces to do random acts of kindness in their small town. He dubs them his "Elders."

But the real story is about Buddy's youngest daughter. Leaving Washington after her dream job turned into a nightmare, Tracey Collins has come back home again to Walnut Ridge, her family's estate. Her life is about to take a dramatic change with both a new career (restoring old furniture with her sister Alex) and a most unexpected romance with one of her father's Elders. Two years ago attorney Noah Bennett traded his BMW for a Harley and hit the road, leaving behind a past he hasn't yet resolved. He ended up in Tennessee where he met up with an unusual group of bikers led by a guy named Buddy. Then Buddy's daughter Tracey moved home and his life would never be the same.

Oh, and did I mention there's a mystery of historic proportions surrounding the discovery of a rather unusual teacup? Sorry, but you'll have to read the book to find out what that's all about.

This novella was truly a collaborative effort. My good friend Sharon Jacob (for whom the fictional town is named) taught me all about furniture restoration. Sharon and her friend Julie are the amazing duo behind Vintage Shabby Chicks. These two aren't just talented painters restoring furniture.They also serve on the board of Beautiful Feet Global Outreach which helps support the Rose of Sharon Orphanage in Zimbabwe, Africa. Sharon and Julie donate a percentage of their profits from Vintage Shabby Chicks to BFGO which was founded by our mutual friend, Melissa Irwin. Love you, ladies!
 
Sharon also introduced me to Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paints. Marian Parsons, a.k.a. Miss Mustard Seed, kindly allowed Tracey and Alex to use her beautiful products on their projects. Let's just say I can't wait to set aside my keyboard for a while and get all painty-chippy on some projects of my own.
 
Buddy and his biker friends wouldn't know squat about motorcycles if not for Terry Young, my friend of almost 30 years from Naples, Florida. Terry and her husband Ivan are long-time Harley riders who graciously tried to educate me on all-thing-Harley as well as the unique camaraderie among bikers. Who knew that rumble you hear when Harley riders first rev up their engines is likened to potato-potato-potato? I love that! That's Terry and Ivan to the right. Pretty hot, huh?

Then last January I had lunch in historic Leiper's Fork, a charming little town near Franklin, Tennessee. While there, I stepped inside the cutest little barn and immediatelyb knew I'd found the perfect setting for Tracey and Alex's new shop. The actual barn is home to David Arms Gallery, a gifted artist whose unique work is so much more than just art. I wish I could take you there right now and let you experience the faith and hope message so beautifully conveyed in each of his paintings. Lucky for you, you can visit his gallery, read his story, study his symbolism, and enjoy browsing his website. I invite you to take some time and visit every single page. I promise you'll love it. We were so thrilled when David gave us permission to use the picture of his cabin on our cover art. Thanks, David!

That just about covers it. Home to Walnut Ridge available on Kindle at Amazon.com. I hope you like this newest novella in the series! Tomorrow I start work on Teacup #4!

9 comments:

  1. Great blog! Nice to have all the background on this charming addition to your Tea Cup novellas! Keep writing. Some of us are ready for the fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thank you so much for the BFGO shout out!! Woo hoo! I'm so excited about your Novellas. Have GOT to get my hands on them. Love you much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful picture of two of my favorite ladies Sharon & Diane!!! Can't wait to read the Tea Cup series. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deliteful anticipation, Diane!
    Thanks for the headsup. New post in the making..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited to read the newest novella! the funny thing is I just posted a review of the first book in the series this past Wednesday. I would love it if you could stop by and tell me what you think. www.causeeveryoneneedsromance.wordpress.com.

    Have a great day and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting your blog via Faith Hope Cherrytea and hope to find your new book in Canada for my Kobo ereader. It sounds exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Diane! I just finished #3 and thought it was great. I'm so excited for #4.

    I also finished Blue Christmas a while back and enjoyed the storyline immensely. In fact, you (and that book) gave me the push to finally start penning the "famous person" story idea that's been rolling around in my head for a few years...so thanks!

    It strikes me as funny that being a writer, I cannot adequately express myself in doing a book review, however, I have read all 3 of the teacup novella and they all made me smile! Keep up the good work! I am officially a fan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just read Home to Walnut Ridge; enjoyed it tremendously and was glad to see all this background info! I'll be reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished #3 and it's my favorite so far. Numbers 4 & 5 are waiting for me. I collect teacups, I've often thought about the history of them. I feel like this series was written for me.

    ReplyDelete